The sick soon come to understand that they live in a different world from that of the well and that the two cannot communicate. ~ Jessamyn West
Things that have kept me from posting on schedule lately:
10. Snot. Snot coming out of my nose, making cracking noises in my ears, dripping down my throat and making me cough. Snot EVERYWHERE.
9. DayQuil. Whoever said that this stuff will render you capable of doing anything other than lying on the sofa watching episode after episode of “How I Met Your Mother” while drowning in herbal tea and malaise was a damn liar.
PANTS. ON. FIRE.
8. Visitors. It just seems rude to bury my nose in the computer while I have guests in the house. Not that I have been a terribly effective hostess — please see #9.
7. Teething. I’m not teething, but there is somebody in this household who is. And when Sausage ain’t happy, ain’t NOBODY happy. Nor are they sleeping, enjoying leisure time, or paying attention to anyone or anything other than Sausage.
6. House hunting. Do you even know how many potential Homes Of Our Dreams there are on Redfin? So, so many. And I must look at them all. Multiple times.
5. Writer’s block. Remember how, earlier in the summer, so many bloggers were complaining about writer’s block? And how I just kept on posting, tra la la la? Yeah. Karma’s a bitch. I think I’ve fried my creativity circuits. Or maybe they’re so coated in snot that they’re not currently functional: see #10.
4. There is no #4. See #5.
3. Wow, I really thought that I could come up with ten of these? How uncharacteristically optimistic of me.
2. I should have more coffee. And I’m due for more DayQuil.
1. Okay, I give up. Time to find some pictures now.